Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tribute to SLAVKO

A few days ago I found out with deep sadness that Slavko passed away. Storque published a Story by VickiDianeDesigns:

"Our very dear and cherished, very popular artist here on Etsy, Slavko, sadly and tragically passed away on June 2nd 2009. His death has stunned and shocked not just those who *knew* him. It is a great loss to Etsy and his many devoted fans and friends..." (read the whole story here):

http://www.etsy.com/storque/etc/in-memory-of-slavko-4137/

Then, on Slavko's page it was this announcement , written by his wife, Maida:

"DEAR FRIENDS,

UNFORTUNATELY, THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, OUR DEAR SLAVKO DIDN'T MAKE IT. HE PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY MORNING FIGHTING THE TERRIBLE ILLNESS. EVERYTHING HAPPENED SO FAST. HE WAS TRYING TO STAY SO DESPERATELY, BUT HE COULDN'T DO IT.
PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR MEMORY AS A WONDERFUL MAN, UNIQUE TALENT AND ARTIST WITH A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR AND GENTLE HEART".

I only knew Slavko from his picture on Etsy. He reminded me of a wise man from the Balcans. He is from Bosnia, I am from Romania. I fell in love with his incredible work and I admired his unique personality, his creativity, his spirit, reflected in his fabulous paintings and superb ceramics. He was generous, kind, supportive, a sweet man. May his soul rest in peace!



Like many other Etsians I took pride in featuring his work in some of my treasuries.






I am the proud owner of "Picasso face", one of his one of a kind ceramic pendants. I will have a little piece of Slavko's art that I will cherrish for years to come.



Today I made a Treasury as a tribute to Slavko: This is Art. It will be live until Sunday, June 14, 9:41 am. You can visit and comment here:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=64267





I visited again today Slavko's page and I found this note from his wife and step-daughter. I would like to share it with you:

"DEAR FRIENDS,

YOUR SUPPORT, PURCHASES, EMAILS, WISHES AND LOVE HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMING. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS. WE KNOW SLAVKO IS HAPPY THAT YOU ALL HAVE A PIECE OF HIM AND HIS REMARKABLE ART.
WE WILL KEEP THE SHOP OPEN WHILE WE HAVE SOME OF THE ART WORK THAT WE ARE OK TO PART WITH. PLEASE PASS THE WORD ABOUT HIS GREAT ART, HIS GREAT SPIRIT AND WAYS THAT HE TOUCHED YOUR LIVES. YOU HAVE TOUCHED OURS IN WAYS THAT WE DIDN'T EVEN THINK POSSIBLE AND WE ARE GRATEFUL TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE,

MAIDA AND MIA"

2 comments:

  1. Ileana,
    This is truly wonderful! Thank you. I'm sure he's smiling approvingly on all that is going on.

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ileana,

    Thank you for your kindness.

    ReplyDelete