Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Brooches are Collectibles!?!


I SOLD my Flamboyant Flower Brooch to this Lady in Baltimore and she wrote me this note:

"This is a gift. I own two other of your brooches which were given to me as gifts. I want to give this one to a good friend celebrating her 70th birthday".

Barbara made my day! It is good to know there are people out there who appreciate your work, that you can be "found" by word of mouth, that little by little your pieces become collectibles.

I remember the two other Brooches.

One of them was EBWC The Purple Eye of a Summer Storm -Amethyst Brooch
It was my second sale at Etsy, in March 2008



The other one was sold in March 2007 at ARTFX, a Gallery in Annapolis, MD. Here is Barbara, again:


"Dear Ileana,


That first one was from my son, Michael and I love it. The second one was serendipity...my business partners saw it in a craft store in Annapolis where we are located and got it for me for my birthday. It is more rectangular in shape but with concave sides in browns and blacks. I like that one also!>


I still have the picture, I will show it here. It flatters me but it humbles me at the same time to see my work becomming collectibles.




4 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! Congrats! And your brooches are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! To have someone collecting your work, to have repeat buyers. Wow. That's where I want to be and your success makes me feel it is possible. It's great to hear that fine artisan work is being appreciated.

    Congratualtions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very deserving of the compliments you have received. Your brooches are uniquely beautiful and you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the sales. Your brooches are so creative it's no wonder they're collectibles.

    ReplyDelete