Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My EBW September Challenge entry



I made a cuff this time:

This is my version of the rich, luscious, colorful jewelry you would admire in Bollywood movies. This cuff bracelet would sit majestically on the wrist of a beautiful princess or a gorgeous Indian dancer populating Bollywood dreams.

The base is a black leather-covered brass cuff. It fits all sizes and it is 4.5 cm (1 3/4") wide. The centerpiece measures 5.5 cm (2 1/8"). I made it with a mother of pearl round framed with size 15 Miyuki seed beads in shades of rose pink and lavender and topped with a beautiful flower. For the flower I used a hot pink faceted crystal (20 mm x 20 mm) surrounded by size 11 seed beads. The cuff is finished with two symmetrical floral embellishments made with German glass cabochons and size 11 seed beads.

I created this piece for the September 2010 Etsy Beadweavers Challenge, “Bollywood”. Please visit the EBW blog

http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com
between 9-15 September and vote for your favorite.

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed this bracelet on EBW and... I think I'm in love! ;) It's pink, it's beaded, it's... just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete